My new and improved (Ahem!) About Page is up!!!! (finally!) If you want to have an idea on who am I and what this blog is about in a few sentences, you can read all about it here.
So, inspired by my About Page content and to continue the random things that I already shared, I have here 10 random questions for you to know me better. You can also try to answer these fun questions and let me see your answers. 🙂 If you’re ready now, just read on.
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
- I don’t have a specific name in mind, but probably a name of a flower or a Victorian Era-inspired name.
What was the last movie and book that made you cry or tear up?
- The latest movie that made me cry was Now is Good (2012) starring Dakota Fanning and Jeremy Irvine about a teenage girl with leukemia and she’s trying to live her life to the fullest even though her days are already numbered. I know that this movie was released last 2012 but I only got to watch it few weeks back. For the book, I would say Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (published in 2013). I just finished the book today and I still can’t move on from the story. I recommend this book if you’re looking for a really good read.
Do you love or hate roller coasters?
- I’m letting you guys in on a secret. I’ve never ridden a roller coaster in my life! Why you ask? Because I have this MASSIVE fear of heights! Yep! You read that right! My fear makes my knees turn into jelly and my sweat to break out of my body. I cannot last a few seconds standing beside a glass fence of a mall while looking down. I feel like I’m so close to fainting if I force myself. That’s why I am not into amusement park rides that literally sweeps your feet off the ground. I once tried a ride called ‘Viking’ wherein you will be seated in a ship-like ride and it swings back and forth. After the ride, I just puke so much until my stomach cannot produce any stuff to throw up anymore. So, from that day forward, I promised myself that I’m done with rides that defies gravity. LOL!
Have you ever danced in the rain?
- NOT YET but it is on my bucket list. Ever since childhood, I would like to try it.
Are you scared of the dark?
- A BIG YES! LOL! My imagination runs wild when I’m in the dark. Whenever I am home alone, you will know that it is me inside if you can see that ALL the lights are on. So you see my dear friends, I am really a boring person. LOL! No scary amusement park rides and no darkness for me.
Whats your current mobile phone model and do you like it?
- I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and it’s 1 year and 4 months in my care already. I can say that I like it very much.
How did you get your name?
- My parents got my name from a Baby Names Book. My name Sylvia is of Latin origin. It means “forest maiden”. If you want a more historical origin, it is the name of an ancient nature goddess and the mother of the famous twin founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus. 🙂
Are you allergic to anything?
- Unfortunately, yes. I am allergic to one of the most delicious food group in the world, namely, SHRIMPS, CRABS, LOBSTERS and other types of seafood but fish is an exception. My friends always say that I am missing half of my life by not being able to taste these kind of foods and to tell you honestly, I think so too.
Have you ever tried Spam? (the meat product)
- Yes, a lot of times now. It is delicious!
Do you have any pets?
- We have family pets. A dog (been with us for 2 years and 4 months now), a turtle (10 months) and fish (3 months).
Let me know what you think about my ‘little’ confessions by writing some comments below. I’d like to know you better too. 🙂