Months ago, I read an article in Huffington Post titled “Top 5 Regrets of the Dying“. Ever since I had read it, it’s always on my mind. When the right time came for me to be able to talk about what I learned from reading that post, I was inspired to make a poem about how I see my life. More specifically, how I hope it would end. (Have you read the poem that I made? Not yet? You can read it here.) I’m not really a poet but I do hope that my little piece of poetry made sense and I was able to make you understand what I’m trying to say.
Anyway, have you ever find yourself contemplating about the kind of life that you’re living in the moment? Do you feel that you should be where you are right now? I know and feel that our lives are just like a blink of an eye. Every moment is precious and should be cherished. Sometimes, even the most common conversation with someone might be our last with them. Time is fleeting. Lives are passing. Grab every opportunity and steer your way to your “dream life”.
Sometimes, it occurs to me that you really didn’t know when you will leave this world. Can you say that you like the way you live? When the end is near, I could only imagine the regrets that we will have. So live your life to the fullest and the way you want to. There’s no room for regrets if you know in yourself that you did what you can with your life.
I truly feel that I am in a state in my life now where I am truly grateful for the things that’s happening to me. I just wish that I can live my life the best way I can till the end. Love your life because that’s when it will love you back.
Blog entry in response to Blogging 101: Day 21: Build on Your New-To-You Post
Dear Zero to Hero Challenge, you really are pushing me to my limits! (in a good way, of course)
I just spent 3 hours (that long!) putting an additional menu on my blog. I don’t know if it’s my brain not working at the time but I always end up doing something wrong that I cannot display the menu I want. It’s called “5 things” which you can check out at the upper part of my blog or you can click here. I’ve just thought of this category the other day and now have one post under this menu. I’ll be posting 5 things in random that has relevance in my life. It can be anything from learnings and activities to music and books. Just random stuff.
I’m also thinking of joining the Weekly Photo Challenge but I’m still contemplating about it so I’ll just let you know if you can expect pictures from me every week. 🙂
Yesterday, as I was browsing through the cool blogs that I follow and looking for a blog post that I can comment on (due to our eleventh day assignment in Blogging 101: Zero to Hero), I stumbled upon Every Girls Fairytale blog post “How can I love someone I argue with all the time?“. After reading the whole post, I can’t help myself but to leave a comment (eleventh day assignment: DONE!) and then suddenly it occurs to me…in the most surprising light bulb moment at that time…TING!!! That blog post is going to be my inspiration for the twelfth day assignment which you can read about here.
That blog post reminded me of some of my parents’ tips for a happy and lasting relationship. By the way, my parents have been married for 23 years now (I felt like I should put it there somewhere so that you will know that these tips might really be working). Sometimes, during family conversations, they will share tips for a better relationship with your other half (not that we need it now! me and my sisters are still young! LOL!).
1. Open communication is VERY important. My mother always says that it is really vital for any relationship to have an open communication. It is crucial for ANY relationship (not just romantic) to have an easy communication between the parties. My mother and father can talk about even the most trivial things. And if they feel like a certain thing is going to be a cause of an argument, they immediately talk it out and resolve it without raising their voices at each other. I’m not saying that my parents don’t fight (normal couples fight once in a while), I’m just sharing that there are arguments that you can totally avoid through talking calmly to each other.
2. Never bring back the past. Ever heard of the phrase “Forgive and Forget”? Yeah, I know it sounds cliché but it’s one of the most truest advice that I ever heard. It doesn’t help either party in a relationship if they keep on going back to the same issues they had before even if they already talk about it and agreed to never bring it up again anymore. You will never move forward in your relationship if you keep on going back to the past mistakes of your partner. There’s a reason why it’s called the past and you should just leave it that way. It’s better to focus your energy and time in improving the relationship for the future.
3. Commitment comes with love. Through your relationship, you will meet other people who you think is better than your partner, but the moment you chose your special someone means you are already committed to him/her. Every single day, you will choose to love and cherish the same person that you have in your life and that’s what commitment is all about. It’s about choosing the same person over and over again even if sometimes there are moments that you want to let go. You have to look past the imperfections and the mistakes and to choose to see what made you love him/her in the first place.
How about you? What are the relationship tips that you can share? You can comment below! 🙂
My new and improved (Ahem!) About Page is up!!!! (finally!) If you want to have an idea on who am I and what this blog is about in a few sentences, you can read all about it here.
So, inspired by my About Page content and to continue the random things that I already shared, I have here 10 random questions for you to know me better. You can also try to answer these fun questions and let me see your answers. 🙂 If you’re ready now, just read on.
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
- I don’t have a specific name in mind, but probably a name of a flower or a Victorian Era-inspired name.
What was the last movie and book that made you cry or tear up?
- The latest movie that made me cry was Now is Good (2012) starring Dakota Fanning and Jeremy Irvine about a teenage girl with leukemia and she’s trying to live her life to the fullest even though her days are already numbered. I know that this movie was released last 2012 but I only got to watch it few weeks back. For the book, I would say Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (published in 2013). I just finished the book today and I still can’t move on from the story. I recommend this book if you’re looking for a really good read.
Do you love or hate roller coasters?
- I’m letting you guys in on a secret. I’ve never ridden a roller coaster in my life! Why you ask? Because I have this MASSIVE fear of heights! Yep! You read that right! My fear makes my knees turn into jelly and my sweat to break out of my body. I cannot last a few seconds standing beside a glass fence of a mall while looking down. I feel like I’m so close to fainting if I force myself. That’s why I am not into amusement park rides that literally sweeps your feet off the ground. I once tried a ride called ‘Viking’ wherein you will be seated in a ship-like ride and it swings back and forth. After the ride, I just puke so much until my stomach cannot produce any stuff to throw up anymore. So, from that day forward, I promised myself that I’m done with rides that defies gravity. LOL!
Have you ever danced in the rain?
- NOT YET but it is on my bucket list. Ever since childhood, I would like to try it.
Are you scared of the dark?
- A BIG YES! LOL! My imagination runs wild when I’m in the dark. Whenever I am home alone, you will know that it is me inside if you can see that ALL the lights are on. So you see my dear friends, I am really a boring person. LOL! No scary amusement park rides and no darkness for me.
Whats your current mobile phone model and do you like it?
- I’m using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and it’s 1 year and 4 months in my care already. I can say that I like it very much.
How did you get your name?
- My parents got my name from a Baby Names Book. My name Sylvia is of Latin origin. It means “forest maiden”. If you want a more historical origin, it is the name of an ancient nature goddess and the mother of the famous twin founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus. 🙂
Are you allergic to anything?
- Unfortunately, yes. I am allergic to one of the most delicious food group in the world, namely, SHRIMPS, CRABS, LOBSTERS and other types of seafood but fish is an exception. My friends always say that I am missing half of my life by not being able to taste these kind of foods and to tell you honestly, I think so too.
Have you ever tried Spam? (the meat product)
- Yes, a lot of times now. It is delicious!
Do you have any pets?
- We have family pets. A dog (been with us for 2 years and 4 months now), a turtle (10 months) and fish (3 months).
Let me know what you think about my ‘little’ confessions by writing some comments below. I’d like to know you better too. 🙂
Hey Girl! Yes, you! Someone who is exactly feeling the way I feel right now, this post is for you.
Have you ever wish for a do-over day? One day to remake your past, a day to correct your wrong decisions. Do you wanted it badly to happen because everyday that passes by you think you are making lots and lots of mistakes in your life? Trust me, I can relate. I want a chance to prove to myself and to the people surrounding me that I can do more. I can be more. I know it in myself and I know it’s in yours too. Deep down the very heart of me, I know that there is still the girl who thirsts for her success. The girl who doesn’t stop dreaming. The girl who works hard for her goals. I keep imagining the things that I want to achieve. The things that I want. But how about now? How about at this very moment? I am not doing anything to be closer to the dreams and to the things that I want to achieve for myself and my family.
I always say that today is the day when I will start to rebuild my life but I can’t seem to move my other foot in front of the other so that I can move forward. I have so many fears. Fear of the future and fear of the world are some of those. The kind of fears that I allow myself to be paralyzed by. It’s like I’m running out of time and the world continues to be in its fast-paced self. It’s like I’m standing in the middle of a very crowded and busy street, standing still all by myself, screaming at the top of my lungs and no one else seems to stop and listen. I am drowning in a crowd of people and I cannot go with the flow. I know that this too will pass but the hard reality for me is to deal with the present. Do you feel it too? I want to be in the time where I can look back at this phase of my life and say to myself “See, you survived all of the things that you were afraid of”. If only we can make the time to tick faster, but then we will miss the present which is the most important time. I want to be that adventurous, confident, smart, healthy, brave and beautiful girl who is not afraid of taking risks that I know you and I can be, and the best time to be that kind of girl is NOW.
And while we are still trying to find our voice and place in this world, here is a song for you to make it all a little bit better. 🙂